About the job
Position: Communications Coordinator
Type: Permanent, 0.8 FTE (4 days per week)
Location: Flexible, east coast preferred
Are you a talented communications expert looking to make a tangible impact through your work?
Generation Australia transforms education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. We are seeking a talented communications coordinator to support our marketing, communications and branding. This position will focus work across the organisation to improve the way we engage potential students, alumni, employers and funders. You will report to the Head of Programs & Operations and work within the Operations team.
You are energised at the thought of making impact through your work and are ready to spread your wings in an organisation that values autonomy. You have experience creating and designing content for a range of stakeholders. You have experience using a range of digital tools for design, analytics and marketing. You are results driven and comfortable working independently to a given brief. You have outstanding interpersonal skills and understand how to craft a message for a given audience. You are focused on creating resource efficient systems and processes. Most importantly, you believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to have a meaningful, sustainable career.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and create marketing materials for a range of stakeholders; including students, potential funders and employers
- Work with our PR and Digital Marketing Agencies, to develop content ideas and ensure campaigns are delivered on time across both organic and paid media
- Develop EDM campaigns for each function of the organisation, sourcing content and designing automatic workflows to facilitate efficient communication with our stakeholder groups
- Collect case studies, quotes and stories from students, graduates and program staff to be used across all communications
- Develop an Alumni Engagement plan utilising social media and marketing campaigns to increase engagement levels and grow our Alumni audience
- Work with the Global Communications & Marketing team to leverage tools, resources and global content in for our local channels
- Support with engagement with community members via our social channels, including responding to facebook enquiries and managing the Alumni Facebook group
WHY JOIN US
- Work on and be a driving force for a rapidly scaling organisation in an innovative environment
- Contribute to an important social mission in Australia, improving education and employment opportunities
- Join an organisation that will challenge you and invest in your professional development on an on-going basis
- Be a part of an organisation with a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Salary-packaging, choose to receive a proportion of your wage as a reimbursement of personal expenses, with no income tax payable on this money
- Flexible working arrangements that you means you choose when and how you work
- Work From Home support including workplace health and safety assessment by qualified physiotherapist
- Flexible leave including Wellbeing Leave that can be used to actively promote your health and wellbeing
- Gender neutral Paid Parental Leave
- An annual Professional Development Allowance because we value your development and wellbeing!
Generation Australia is committed to a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are interested in looking beyond the CV and understanding who you are and the skills you would bring to our organisation.
If you have any questions or wish to arrange an alternative method of application, please don’t hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed people for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades. Today, Generation is active in 16 countries with over 50,000 graduates with diverse social, economic and labour-market contexts.