LAUNCH YOUR CAREER IN TECH: BECOME A DATA ANALYST
Demand for Data Analysts have tripled in the past five years and is one of the fastest growing areas in Tech! This course will provide you with the perfect launchpad to enter the sector.
In this program, you’ll get the skills and training you need to get a job as a Data Analyst. This bootcamp style training will be full-time, 5 days a week for 13 weeks. This includes technical training with hands-on projects and employability skills development.
WHAT IS DATA ANALYTICS?
Data Analytics is the analysis of data which is transformed into information. This information is used by people within an organisation to make intelligent business decisions.
A Data Analyst may work in a variety of companies and enterprises assisting with the management, analysis, visualisation, and storytelling of data for internal and external stakeholders. The exact responsibilities of a Data Analyst will vary greatly based on the size and structure of a given company. In smaller companies, a Data Analyst may fulfill a role that overlaps with that of a Data Engineer or Data Scientist, and can include overall management and development of the data pipeline. In larger companies, a Data Analyst may fill a more specific role, i.e. conducting only data visualisations, or contributing to a single part of the data pipeline.
Data Analysts also utilse strong communication and storytelling skills for presentations, apply structured problem solving techniques and build positive relationships whilst collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- No cost to you
- Access to online learning with Tech professionals
- Access to your Instructors during the working day (9:00am-5:00pm AEST hours)
- Hands on practical experience in Data Analytics
- Inclusive & holistic support throughout the course
- Support connecting with employers at the end of the program*
* once the program is over, you will be responsible for driving the engagement with the post-program team and making use of the offers and support available.
CAN I APPLY?
You can apply for the program if you:
- Live in Sydney, Melbourne
- Are not currently in full-time employment, education or training
- Can participate in an online learning classroom 5 days a week, 9:00am-5:00pm AEST, for 13 weeks
- Are an Australian citizen or permanent resident equivalent
- Are proficient in English Literacy
- Have some Maths and/or Statistics skills and are interested in working with numbers
- Have some IT skills and/or knowledge of programming
- Are passionate about Tech Innovation
Program Length13 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (AEST)
Start DateJuly 2023
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on and interactive sessions. By the end, you'll:
- Gain a thorough understanding of data, its purpose, usage and how to collate, prepare and analyse data from different sources, sizes and formats
- Use effective problem-solving strategies within the Tech sector
- Understand what it takes to be a high-performing data analyst, based on employer input
Behaviour & Mindsets
In every job, there are key behaviour and mindset skills that will help you to be successful. We have spoken to the employers and understand what they are looking for, which is why we will help you to develop your skills to:
- Collaborate effectively in teams
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have a growth mindset
- Be forward-thinking
What your journey will look like
Complete your applicationGo through the selection process outlined earlier
Meet your mentorIf you gain a place, you’ll meet with your mentor before the program starts to make sure you have all the support you need to achieve your potential.
Start your trainingThe program begins! You’ll learn the behaviours, mindsets and technical skills to succeed in the end role.
Get ready for your interviewAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on your interview technique.
Graduate!Graduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
Post Program SupportWe’ll provide you with the opportunity to have industry expert volunteer coaches to help keep your skills developed, as you apply, interview and match with potential employers and career opportunities.
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right resume can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a resume that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges