GET INTO CYBER CAREER
Do you enjoy being creative and thinking outside the box? Are you curious about the tech sector, specifically cyber related fields? Join our training program to start a career in cyber security.
In this program, you’ll get the skills and training you need to start a career in tech, with a focus on cyber security skills. Cyber is an ever-changing and evolving industry, and now more than ever, businesses and individuals are wanting to be cyber smart, safe and secure. Launch your career by developing key foundational skills across networking, computing, security, and cyber!
This bootcamp style training will be full-time, 5 days a week for 12 weeks. This includes technical training provided by industry instructors combined with hands-on projects and employability skills development. At the end, Generation Australia will continue to work with you to secure and train for interviews, and ensure all graduates gain meaningful employment.
WHAT ROLES ARE THERE IN CYBER SECURITY?
This curriculum prepares participants for an entry level role in a cyber related field, with a specific focus on providing skills and experience to help participants obtain associate/graduate programs in Australian consulting firms. Roles available may include: Graduate/Associate Penetration Testers, IT support/help desk officers, Junior or Graduate analysts in graduate programs.
By learning the fundamentals of computers, networking, security, linux and programming, graduates will be well equipped for IT support roles, and entry level positions that lead to cyber careers.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- No cost to you
- Access to online learning with Tech professionals
- Access to your Instructors during the working day (9:00am-5:00pm AEST hours)
- Inclusive & holistic support throughout the course
- Support connecting with employers at the end of the program*
* once the program is over, you will be responsible for driving the engagement with the post-program team and making use of the offers and support available.
CAN I APPLY?
You can apply for the program if you:
- Live in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra or Adelaide
- Are not currently in full-time employment, education or training
- Can participate in an online learning classroom 5 days a week, 9:00am-5:00pm AEST, for 12 weeks
- Are an Australian citizen or permanent resident equivalent
- Are proficient in English literacy and numeracy
- Are passionate about tech innovation
Program Length12 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (AEST)
Start Date11th April 2023
We'll help you learn technical skills with lots of hands-on and interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
- The foundations of cloud, programming, networks and some key skills needed to start a cyber related career
- Use effective problem-solving strategies within the Tech sector
- The main areas of the cyber security field
- What it takes to be a high-performing employee in the cyber space
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key behaviour and mindset skills that will help you to be successful. We have spoken to the employers and understand what they are looking for, which is why we will help you to develop your skills to:
- Collaborate with others
- Think critically
- Communicate effectively, including stakeholders, and internal & external clients
- Be proactive
What your journey will look like
Complete your applicationGo through the selection process outlined earlier
Meet your mentorIf you gain a place, you’ll meet with your mentor before the program starts to make sure you have all the support you need to achieve your potential.
Start your trainingThe program begins! You’ll learn the behaviours, mindsets and technical skills to succeed in the end role.
Get ready for your interviewAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on your interview technique.
Graduate!Graduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
Post Program SupportWe’ll provide you with the opportunity to have industry expert volunteer coaches to help keep your skills developed, as you apply, interview and match with potential employers and career opportunities.
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right resume can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a resume that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges